Saturday, April 28, 2007

vacation: day 0

So I've been swamped with papers, finals, work, moving apartments, cleaning the apartment, and now vacationing in California. I've been having a blast in Cali, but there's so much to talk about that I'm just giving a rough outline: 10-12 hour car ride, In-n-Out, Rasputin, trip to Monterey and sunburning on the beach in Carmel, carousing on the streets of San Fran, and whatever the heck I'm going to get accomplished between now and the end of the trip. It's been fantastic and very therapetuic, and tomorrow I get to go to church in the ward that I served 15 months of my mission in, and see a bunch of the people I worked with. I'm really really excited for that.

Sorry I'm going to leave it at that - I figured I ought to let everyone know what the heck was going on, and clue everyone into the fact that I have minimal time to get blogging done. :P Yay California!

~drex

4 comments:

playasinmar said...

I hope you all have digital cameras and itchy trigger-fingers!

Marlo said...

i would sooo love to be in California. right now, i'm just trying not to break any commandments regarding covetousness and the like ;)
ENJOY

n/a said...

so I was curious is going to an old mission ward as good as you expected?

Abelard Enigma said...

Where did you serve your mission? Monterey? I lived in the Monterey, California stake when I left on my mission - that's my old stomping grounds. My house was less than a mile from the beach. Although, to be honest, I don't miss it. Texas is my home now.

BTW, are you still in the Monterey bay area? Fisherman's Grotto on the wharf in Monterey - best clam chowder in the world!!!