Saturday, April 7, 2007

heroes and papers

I've had an eventful two days. Last night I completed the process of coming out to my brother (sup Bob (I think that's the pseudonym I used...)) over dinner at Red Robin. We were originally going to counter a nondescript response with Salad doing a classic double-take punctuated by a loud "What?!" but it didn't work out that way. Rolling with the punches runs in the family, and he took everything in stride, though I'm sure he has a lot boiling under the surface that he hasn't talked with me about.

I spent hours of time and got less than 2 hours of sleep last night en route to finishing an 8-page paper for my philosophy class. I actually rather enjoy the subject matter (defining art), but getting some of the sections of the paper moving took a lot of time, and as a result I'm pretty exhausted right now.

Our Heroes marathon was a wild success. Thanks to everyone who came! I had a blast. We were so crammed in there some of the time, it was awesome. I apologize to everyone that I didn't really get a chance to meet (which is basically everyone). I didn't want to section myself off and only talk to a few people, which meant I spread kinda thin and didn't really meet anyone. Just as a quick recap, we had 23 people attend, including 6 (I think) that we met through the blog. agirlwho, John, Gimple, GBYUS, playasinmar, and the Baker's son all made it for at least some of the time. We also added a new friend to the pile, whom I will try to refer to as Bradley. All in all we had lots of fun, got through all of the last 9 episodes of Heroes, mingled, and watched random and silly videos online. I honestly really enjoyed myself, and we'll definitely have to plan some fun activities for those who will still be around once school is out. We're just too awesome a group of people to pass up on the potential.

I'm literally falling asleep while typing this, so I think I'd better quit while I'm ahead.

~drex

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Define boiling under the surface. I'm sure...Bob...will have an opportunity to speak with you at some point and things will be made more clear for both parties. Until then, Bob probably doesn't have any major (or even minor) issues seeing as this is what...number eight? I mean sewiously.

Bob was more perturbed by the revolving door than the dinner conversation.

playasinmar said...

I don't even know his first name. It's probably Johann. They're all Johann. He has one hit 300 years ago and it's my cross to bear my entire life. Where is he now? Where are you now, Pachelbel? VH1s I Love the 1790s! Where is it?

Anonymous said...

So what are we calling our new MoHo friend? The one we all just met last night?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be given a name, as long as I can reserve the right to approve or disapprove! I've actually spent much too long of today thinking about this very question.

Stephen said...

We'll give you a name then. You know, at first they wanted to call me by your real name, but Hidden objected pretty strenuously. Imagine the confusion that could have caused! Personally, I like names like mine and Drex', but if you'd rather have a name like Hidden's or Salad's, we can do that too. I think you'd make a good Clyde, personally.

drex said...

I think I called you Bradley in here. That's just a placeholder, though - if you want something else, we can change it. =D

Stephen said...

You did call him Bradley, didn't you? I must have accidentally skipped right over that line. Don't I feel brilliant...

Anonymous said...

Hmm, let me think about Bradley and Clyde for a bit-- those aren't bad ideas. Some others I've considered are Calvin and Carl/Karl. And for the less realistic type, XY (from Kyle XY, though I've never seen the show), and coin-operated boy (from the myspace page of Zach from Heroes). Sheesh, I've never been so stressed!

Stephen said...

I like Calvin for you. That's a good idea. Now you just need to start blogging and we can go from there. ^^ Will we be seeing you at the steps on Monday?

Anonymous said...

Then I'll try out Calvin for a while. As long as I can finish most of my homework by Monday, I'll be at the steps.

Anonymous said...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/040807/tetris-baby.gif

story of our lives?

Anonymous said...

plus "y.gif". Weird that it cut that off.