Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yay for not Utah!

California is amazing for many reasons, but the reason at the top of my list is the fact that it's not Utah--yay for that!

Drex pretty much gave the run down until now, but can I just mention again the fact that we got sunburned?? I HATE being sunburned, but I guess my vanity got the better of me...that and the beach was amazing ;) For the record, sunburned shins are not a fun game.

Today was pretty fun. We went to church in one of the wards where Drex served his mission and it was really neat to see how much the people love him. They were all very excited to meet me (one guy told Drex that he was "on the right path" since he found me...) and after asking us when we're getting married, the next question out of their mouths was "does she sing??" I was quite entertained. It's always interesting to get the other side of the story when it comes to a mission. All the members kept telling me how lucky I was to have Drex and other similar comments (as if I didn't already know) and they accepted me as if I had always been a part of their ward family. Overall it was a really great experience and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.

I'm sure we'll both have more to say when we get back, but I'm going to go put my feet up and go to bed...I can't fit my feet in my shoes for all their swollenness :(

S.

2 comments:

Dan said...

1) You liiiike that game!
2) If you didn't pinch and poke your feet all the time with hot, sharp objects, maybe they wouldn't be swollen all the time.
3) Hate for eating Chinese pastries without me.
4) I miss you.
5) Pretty much my face is falling off from boredom at home. Retirement is going to be the not fun game, let me tell you.

Marlo said...

Yeah - sunburns do suck...