Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm a fruit fly!

I had a new experience tonight that I would never have dreamed of participating in, and yet found myself completely un-phased by the event as a whole—ok, well maybe that’s not completely true, or I wouldn’t have thought to blog about it :P

Drex, Hidden, Stephen, and I were sitting around watching various music videos tonight and were commenting on the attractiveness of the male singers in the videos. I didn’t really think much of it until I realized that I was having this discussion with 3 guys…not 3 girls. I found it kind of funny when I actually connected the dots (I’m kinda slow when I get tired), and commented to them that I was thoroughly amused by our line of conversation.

Over the last little bit I have become more and more comfortable around the people from the MoHosphere that Drex and I have hung out with. I love spending time with them and getting to know them and often come away wishing that we could have spent even more time together. I think people who don’t take the time and opportunity to get to know such wonderful people are really cheating themselves out of some of the best friends they could ever have.

You guys (I’m using it as a non-gendered term for those girls who read the blog as well) are great and I’m glad that we get to share a bit of ourselves with you and that we also get to know you in the process. Thanks for sharing your stories and insights. I, for one, am grateful that I get the chance to learn from your experiences, make new friends, and come out a better person
overall.

I’m pretty sure this has been uber rambley, but that’s what you get when you have a tired Salad. Perhaps I will try to clarify later. I’m sure Drex’s post will be much more enlightening and deep, so look forward to that.

S.

2 comments:

Kengo Biddles said...

Speaking for gender neutrality, the South have it down pat, and it's so much easier to say than you guys...just say it with me...

Y'all. :)

It's nice to be at one's ease with people one cares about.

salad said...

I use that in my speech, just not so much in my writing. I guess I'm going to have to change that :)